After years of spritzing countless fragrances at Ulta, Sephora and a bevy of department stores, I have finally completed my fragrance wardrobe… for now. For me, scents that catch my attention evoke a feeling or memory—something that will transport me to a particular season is even better. While it might seem like it was an easy collection to accumulate, I definitely didn’t discover these all at once. In fact, it took me an extremely long time to even find one fragrance I could wear for more than one occasion. So with that, I’m going to share my top fragrances for every occasion.
1. Chanel Le Vernis in 561 Suspicious ($26). I’m obsessed with this intense raspberry shade. I’m on a serious hunt for this fall polish and I’ve enlisted the help of my fabulous aunt (who also happens to work for Neiman Marcus) to scour stores on the west coat for me. Yes, my search just went bi-coastal.
2. Stephanie Johnson Jewelry Case ($60). I was recently gifted with this jewelry case and I can’t imagine how I lasted this long without this! No more tacky Ziploc bags and old jewelry boxes—now I can pack all my necklaces, bracelets and earrings into a compact case that also happens to be utterly stylish.
3. NARS Optimal Brightening Concentrate ($72). I’m pretty particular when it comes to my skincare routine but I recently switched up my regimen and I couldn’t be happier with the results. It’s the ultimate illuminator and anti-aging formula rolled in to one, not to mention helps keep my makeup last and glow all day long.
4. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis Glossy Stain ($32). I actually won this YSL glossy stain back at the Neiman Marcus fall trend event and it’s my go-to every time I want a sexy red lip. Using a sponge-tip applicator, it goes on like a gloss but dries with a velvety finish, giving me dimension and a beautiful bright lip.
5. Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette ($60). I kid you not: a day has not gone by where I haven’t used this palette. From shimmery light pinks to beige and dark browns, this palette is easy to use, not to mention includes a double-sided brush and mirror. I love layering every shade to create a sultry fall eye.
6. Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Cologne ($60-$110). I took home a sample size of this new fall fragrance and to put it bluntly—I’m almost out of it. A mix of tarte blackberries blended with bay and brambly woods, it’s basically fall in a bottle.
7. The Original Beauty Blender ($19.95). I picked this up at the Birchbox Sample Stop during NYFW and this tiny pink sponge is the key to blending and correcting every makeup imperfection. Talk about a little product that packs some serious punch! If you’re someone that finds yourself constantly blending and re-blending makeup with your fingertips, this sponge will do it for you.
8. Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray ($25). A Redken hairstylist spritzed my hair with this dry shampoo on FNO following my blowout for a matte finish and a little sumthin’ sumthin’ to help prolong my ‘do. I’ve been using the brand’s original dry powder and I swear even after brushing it out, my hair looked like I had dandruff. Needless to say, this product in a spray can does the trick (and no white powder residue).