I ranked every shade of Cloud Paint, Lidstar and Balm Dotcom.
Glossier really truly is one of my favorite brands if you can’t already tell. I’ve written numerous posts—from ranking my favorite skincare and makeup products from the line to product reviews to videos sharing a full face of Glossier.
I thought I would expand on my product ranking post by diving a little deeper into ranking my favorite Glossier makeup shades! Specifically, Cloud Paint, Lidstar and Balm Dotcom. All three of these Glossier makeup products are favorites of mine!
Cream-based blush has always been hit or miss for me, but Cloud Paint is the best cream blush I own. Because I’ve been dealing with a more oily complexion, I haven’t been using Cloud Paint as often as I like to but I still love this blush and could never give it up entirely.
There are 6 shades of seamless cheek color and I’m ranking them simply based on least to most worn.
6. Dawn (sunny coral): This color just doesn’t complement my fair complexion. I think I’ve swatched this a few times but that’s about it.
5. Storm (warm rose): It’s a beautiful shade but I usually need to mix this with another shade to pull it off.
4. Beam (soft peach): I like wearing this during the warmer months and that’s about it.
3. Haze (deep berry): Gorgeous shade and mixed with Puff, it’s a beautiful flush that I can wear at night.
2. Dusk (brownish nude): I have a couple uses for this shade. First, I like to use it to contour my cheeks and forehead. I also like to mix it with Puff for a more muted cheek color.
1. Puff (light, cool pink): I don’t think this comes as a surprise. Prior to the change in my complexion, I was using this every single day. It’s a staple in my makeup bag and I can mix this with some of the other shades when I want a darker flush. It’s also the only restock I’ve made to date with Cloud Paint. I can’t live without this blush!
I don’t really like to wear lipstick—it’s a lot of work in my opinion. Unless it’s a special occasion, I usually opt for lip gloss or lip balm. As you all know, I love Glossier Balm Dotcom. The cult favorite skin salve as expanded into multiple tints and scents and for that I am so grateful.
8. Cherry: Out of all the scents/tints, this one is my least favorite. The scent reminds me of cold medicine and for that reason, I can’t unsmell it.
7. Mint: Similar to cherry, as refreshing as this one is, it reminds me of toothpaste.
6. Mango: This is a favorite scent of mine but the coral tint isn’t necessarily my go-to.
5. Original: I feel like the OG Balm Dotcom is the perfect, go-with-anything skin salve. I typically keep this one on my nightstand or take it with me when I travel.
4. Coconut: I love to wear this during the summer months because it smells so good and it’s untinted.
3. Berry: I didn’t think I would love this as much as I do right now. Granted, it’s perfect for the fall season. It has a sheer berry tint and it smells like jam so naturally, I like wearing it right now as I’m craving fall weather.
2. Birthday: A balm for all seasons. It smells exactly as it sounds—like birthday cake. The shimmer is very subtle so I don’t feel weird wearing this during the day.
1. Rose: My favorite balm. This is a barely-there pink tint that I could wear every single day. Rose has always been a soothing scent for me.
Honestly, I love every shade of Lidstar. I usually have a hard time applying cream-based eyeshadows (especially because I always deal with oily lids) but these are so easy to use and paired with the right primer, these really do last all day. My only advice if you decide to purchase would be to get at least two shades so you can mix them or wear together!
6. Moon (sheer, opalescent glimmer): I use this often to highlight the inner corner of my eyes; however, this is by far the most patchy in application.
5. Lily (sheer lilac): I really underestimated this shade but I don’t find myself using this very often. That said, it’s like unicorn eyeshadow in terms of color—the blue and violet pearls are absolutely stunning.
4. Slip (baby pink): If I want just a sheer wash of color, then I usually opt for this shade. It also works well as an inner corner highlight too.
3. Fawn (cool, smoky taupe): The perfect shadow if you want to create a smoky eye with very little effort. I like to blend this around my outer-V and lower lash line.
2. Herb (smoky green): OK—obsessed is an understatement with this shade. Right now I love to mix it with Cub (my absolute favorite shade) for a beautiful smoky bronze shade. I also love to apply it like winged liner for a day look (subtle but beautiful) because it really makes my hazel eyes pop!
1. Cub (rose gold shimmer): This is one of those shades that I can wear alone for a wash of color or mix with Herb/Slip/Moon. I think this shade is the most versatile and I highly recommend.
As I mentioned earlier, you definitely want to scoop up two Lidstars. My favorite combos include: Cub + Herb (my favorite), Cub + Slip, Lily + Fawn, Moon + Cub.
I hope you found this Glossier makeup shade ranking helpful! If you’re looking for more Glossier product recommendations (or products to avoid), check out my full product ranking here. If you’re a first time Glossier customer, shop with me using this link (I make a small commission) and you’ll receive 10% off plus free shipping on orders $30+.