Looking back on my early beauty blogging years, I don’t know how I ever managed to test 20-ish new products a week.
You guys, I’m a bad beauty blogger. Instead of branching out and trying new brands these days, my makeup bag is primarily dominated by ColourPop Cosmetics. And I’m not sorry about it.
If you’re not familiar with ColourPop, let me count the reasons why I love this cruelty-free and wallet-friendly brand…
1. Their Super Shock formula is out of this world. The first product I ever tried from the brand was the Super Shock Shadow. Simply put, I love this cream-powder formula and bouncy texture. I’ve never had to worry about staying power with this eyeshadow. Wattles (a dusty beige pink satin) was my daily go-to during the spring and summer. I just scooped up Hank Panky (a matte light warm beige) a couple weeks ago and it’s a great all over lid color or transition shade for my fair complexion. Oh, and the best part? Each shadow costs only $5. You can tell by the photos how much I use and abuse these shadows.
2. I’m still not done obsessing over their Super Shock formula because its Super Shock Highlighter is also amazing. Flexitarian, an intense white champagne, has become my go-to highlighter. It’s easy to blend with a fluffy synthetic brush or even my fingers. I also have Glazed (a soft ivory gold) and Scrumptious (pink with silver flecks). A few more shades were recently released and Parallel is at the top of my wish list.
3. And on that note, I love ColourPop makeup brushes. They range in price from $5 to $11 (or you can scoop up a full set for $50). Their eye makeup brushes make it easy to blend the Super Shock Shadows and pressed powder palettes. I never saw a need to spend a lot of money on makeup brushes because of brands like ColourPop.
4. Three words: Ultra Satin Lip. The internet goes crazy over their liquid lip products. Personally, I’ve always had a good experience with the Ultra Satin Lip formula. I currently love and adore Dopey, a mauve with purple undertone which I featured in another post here.
5. The pressed eyeshadow palettes are gorgeous AND affordable. I’ve accumulated quite a few palettes these last few years and unfortunately, I only use two of them on a regular basis. I just purchased ColourPop’s You Had Me at Hello and Yes, Please! palettes for under $10.80 (both were on sale at the time but even at regular price they only cost $16-$18) and I already feel like I’ve gotten my money’s worth. Yes, Please is a 12-pan best seller with a combination of matte and metallic shades paying homage to the “golden hour.” You Had Me at Hello has a variety of cool neutrals, pinks, purples and browns and also comes with a mirror. Both are pretty compact and lightweight, making them travel friendly.
ColourPop products are affordable, no doubt, but they are always promoting flash sales and GWPs so if you’re a patient person, you might want to wait until there’s a sale to save even more money. Alternatively, if the brand launches a new product they tend to sell out very quickly so I recommend you follow them on Instagram as they do a great job notifying followers of new products and launch dates. I also love watching the brand’s IG stories for step-by-step tutorials and inspiration.
Are you obsessed with ColourPop as much as I am? Just to be clear, this post is not sponsored. I purchased every ColourPop product in this post and I just love this brand!