As I write today’s annual New Year’s post, I’m struggling to find the energy with this terrible cold/cough/fever. My husband and I have been surviving off chicken noodle soup, fruit & veggie smoothies and hot tea. While the last few days have been miserable, I’m just thankful I’m dealing with it now rather than later this month.
Anyways, I always like to check in on last year’s beauty goals and see if I accomplished them.
1. Take better care of my cuticles. While I’m very dedicated to trimming and filing my nails, I never purchased a good cuticle oil.
2. Give my lips some extra TLC. Check. I discovered a really great lip mask this year in addition to using a fab lip scrub from Fresh.
3. Find my perfect nude lipstick. I think veered a little of course with this one. I was obsessed with mauve and bright red lipsticks. Hoping I find my perfect nude lipstick this year!
4. Try at least five new hairstyles. Debatable. Although, I did start wearing more polished sock buns towards the end of the year thanks to a little help.
5. Hit the gym at least three times a week. I was good for a solid three months or so…
Now, for my 2018 goals:
Try more eye makeup looks. I’ve gotten better with my eye shadow application skills and I’m ready to experiment with more colors.
Do at least 3 beauty video tutorials. I’d like to publish more video content in 2018 and I have a videographer husband, so no excuses! If you haven’t already, make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel here.
Find the best long-lasting eye primer. I’ve tried a bevy of eye primers but none seem to cut it in terms of longevity. Any recommendations?
Maintain a consistent exfoliating schedule. The last time I got a facial, the aesthetician told me I need to do a better job exfoliating around my nose and chin.
Travel more. Not exactly a beauty goal but something I’d like to do more of in 2018. Last year I traveled to Chicago and I’m hoping I get to go to southern California!
Wishing you and yours a happy and health New Year! What do you plan to resolve in 2018?