Don’t think of luxury as expensive—it’s a state of mind, or at least I like to think so. As I sifted through my favorite online beauty emporiums, the items I chose for this luxury beauty gift guide needed to meet a certain set of criteria. Is it extravagant in its own right? Is it something someone can indulge in and enjoy every single time? Consider these gifts upgrades to everyday lifestyle choices. Whether you’re on the hunt for holiday gifts for the special women in your life or perhaps you just want to treat yourself—I’ve put together the ultimate luxury beauty gift guide.
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit: This complexion palette is almost too beautiful to use. It offers everything she needs to contour, highlight, brighten and finish. This is perfect for those who travel frequently or rely heavily on just a few makeup essentials.
2. Stila Eight Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set: For the liquid lipstick lover, this mini set includes a mix of six iconic matte shades plus a preview of two new shades with shimmer. For years, I’ve used Stila Liquid Lipstick in Beso (a classic bold red) and I swear by its long-lasting formula.
3. LuMee DUO iPhone Case: This isn’t any ordinary iPhone case—it’s the perfect tech accessory for gorgeous #motd selfies. The LuMee DUO is a studio-quality illuminating iPhone case for both front-facing and back-facing photos. I was recently gifted with the DUO case and I was amazed at how I was able to capture such beautiful photos without relying on natural light. I don’t know how I ever managed without it!
4. Luxie Rose Complete Face Brush Set: Because who doesn’t love rose gold makeup brushes? These brushes are made of premium, soft synthetic bristles and the set includes a round top blender brush, tapered highlight brush, face brush, blending brush, eye shading brush, flat definer brush, lip brush, and brow/lash brush.
5. BeautyBlender Gold Mine Set: I swear by the BeautyBlender sponge because it makes applying makeup so much easier. Originally, I was going to recommend the BeautyBlender for All Seasons gift set in this luxury beauty gift guide but unfortunately it’s sold out. The Gold Mine set is just as good because it also includes a mini Beautycleanser solid, making sponge cleanup super easy as well!
6. Urban Decay Naked 4Some Vault: If you’re shopping for the eye makeup connoisseur, then you’re basically gifting them eyeshadow for a lifetime with this ultimate gift set. The vault includes NAKED (bronze neutrals), NAKED2 (taupe neutrals), NAKED3 (rose neutrals, my personal favorite), and NAKED HEAT (scorched neutrals).
7. Drybar The Texture Toolkit: This limited-edition kit has everything you need to create gorgeous textured waves at home. As someone who currently only relies on a curling wand and some texturizing spray, I’m kind of wishing someone gets this for me!
8. NEST Festive Petite Candle Trio: If you’re heading to any holiday parties this season, make sure you have a gift for your host! You really can’t go wrong with candles from NEST Fragrances. This trio is composed of favorite fragrances including the classic Holiday scent, Birchwood Pine and Sugar Cookie.
9. GLAMGLOW Let it Glow Supermud Set: Skincare sample sets are great for those who don’t wear much makeup. The set contains a Supermud Clearing Treatment, Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment, Gravitymud Firming Treatment and Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment.
10. LED Vanity Mirror: Keeping up with my rose gold obsession, this is a fabulous upgrade from your standard bathroom mirror. This light-up vanity mirror makes primping so much easier. The bottom compartment also can hold jewelry, additional makeup or accessories.
11. TOCCA Hand Cream Collection: This formula is made with coconut oil, shea butter and aloe… three easy reasons why you can’t go wrong with gifting TOCCA’s classic scented hand cream. I always stock up on a couple of these each seasons to gift to girlfriends and co-workers.
12. Chanel COCO Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum: This is my favorite scent from Chanel and I may or may not be hoping my husband is reading this gift guide to take a hint! Personal strategy aside, if you’re thinking about gifting perfume make sure it’s for someone special. If they are particularly sensitive about fragrances, scoop up the eau de toilette.
13. Dyson Blown-A-Ouai Set: I was recently gifted the Dyson Supersonic Dryer and simply put, I’m obsessed. Dyson teamed up with Ouai to really bring the best and most needed hair essentials. Gift this to someone who is always on the go. They’ll be amazed by how quickly they can dry their hair.
14. First Aid Beauty Tales of Fab Skin Set: I rely on First Aid Beauty skincare for maintaining a healthy complexion, especially during the cold winter months. This set comes with four full-size products to help combat dullness, dryness, pores, and uneven texture. It’s also currently marked down to $42 (value: $110)!
15. Slip Sleep Mask & Pillowcase: This isn’t just any sleep mask and pillowcase. It’s an anti-aging, anti-bed head pillowcase that feels like an eight-hour beauty treatment. Silk fibers will help lock in your skin’s moisture and those expensive skin and hair products you rely on.
16. La Mer Gift Set: This Christmas, I’m gifting my mom with some La Mer skincare. I’ve always considered La Mer to be super luxurious and for many, it’s a holy grail skincare line that doesn’t disappoint. I love gifting my mom with high-end beauty gifts because I know she’s usually never willing to treat herself the rest of the year.
17. Aquis Waffle Luxe Hair Turban: Consider this a nice little upgrade for someone still relying on a basic cotton towel to dry their hair when they get out of the shower. The hair turban helps dry hair to a damp stage and also controls frizz and breakage.
18. YSL Black Opium & Mon Paris Lipstick Gift Set: This set includes two favorite scents in travel-friendly packaging paired with a bright orange lipstick.
I hope this luxury beauty gift guide is helpful! If you need other gift recommendations, you can reach me on Instagram @politics_pretty or email me politicsofprettyblog[at]gmail.com.