When it comes to my summer beauty routine, I like to keep things low-key but fresh and glow-y. I love indulging in a few luxe makeup products each season and my new YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush is the perfect way to splurge. This air-whipped, two-in-one formula highlights your best assets with a matte finish. Cream based blushes last so much longer than powder formulas too. In this post I’m wearing Fuchsia Desinvolte which I promise, is not as intense as it looks. Just swirl the applicator on the apples of your cheeks and blend quickly. If you’re looking for high impact lip color, dab the applicator and if you want a sheer finish, swipe a thin layer on your lips for a pretty pout.
1. Chanel Le Vernis in 561 Suspicious ($26). I’m obsessed with this intense raspberry shade. I’m on a serious hunt for this fall polish and I’ve enlisted the help of my fabulous aunt (who also happens to work for Neiman Marcus) to scour stores on the west coat for me. Yes, my search just went bi-coastal.
2. Stephanie Johnson Jewelry Case ($60). I was recently gifted with this jewelry case and I can’t imagine how I lasted this long without this! No more tacky Ziploc bags and old jewelry boxes—now I can pack all my necklaces, bracelets and earrings into a compact case that also happens to be utterly stylish.
3. NARS Optimal Brightening Concentrate ($72). I’m pretty particular when it comes to my skincare routine but I recently switched up my regimen and I couldn’t be happier with the results. It’s the ultimate illuminator and anti-aging formula rolled in to one, not to mention helps keep my makeup last and glow all day long.
4. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis Glossy Stain ($32). I actually won this YSL glossy stain back at the Neiman Marcus fall trend event and it’s my go-to every time I want a sexy red lip. Using a sponge-tip applicator, it goes on like a gloss but dries with a velvety finish, giving me dimension and a beautiful bright lip.
5. Bobbi Brown Desert Twilight Eye Palette ($60). I kid you not: a day has not gone by where I haven’t used this palette. From shimmery light pinks to beige and dark browns, this palette is easy to use, not to mention includes a double-sided brush and mirror. I love layering every shade to create a sultry fall eye.
6. Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay Cologne ($60-$110). I took home a sample size of this new fall fragrance and to put it bluntly—I’m almost out of it. A mix of tarte blackberries blended with bay and brambly woods, it’s basically fall in a bottle.
7. The Original Beauty Blender ($19.95). I picked this up at the Birchbox Sample Stop during NYFW and this tiny pink sponge is the key to blending and correcting every makeup imperfection. Talk about a little product that packs some serious punch! If you’re someone that finds yourself constantly blending and re-blending makeup with your fingertips, this sponge will do it for you.
8. Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray ($25). A Redken hairstylist spritzed my hair with this dry shampoo on FNO following my blowout for a matte finish and a little sumthin’ sumthin’ to help prolong my ‘do. I’ve been using the brand’s original dry powder and I swear even after brushing it out, my hair looked like I had dandruff. Needless to say, this product in a spray can does the trick (and no white powder residue).
Over the weekend, I was invited to Media Mavens and Mimosas at Neiman Marcus, Tysons Galleria. Among a bevy of stylish writers and bloggers, we sat sipping on mimosas and dining in the NM Café on quiche and fruit salad, while we listened to department experts share the latest and greatest in fall trends. From the newest contemporary apparel to must-have accessories and makeup, it was an Instagram-ing fest. I mean, let’s be real: there were designer shoes on the breakfast table (which is totally appropriate for this type of occasion). Normally I try to hold on tight to summer, but thanks to a morning of soft fabrics, must-have prints and a bevy of makeup products, I’m ready to kiss summer goodbye and dive into fall.
On the menu this fall…
Mixed Greens: It’s like… a salad in your closet. Mixing forest greens, emerald, jade, and other hues in the green family is going to be my staple palette. PR maven Carrie plucked an Elizabeth & James dark green blazer and I am obsessed. Bye bye, savings account.
Leather Legs: This coming fall, it’s all about a second skin. I have a few pairs of basic leggings but it’s about time I add a leather-cut trouser to my wardrobe.
The New Neutral, Navy: A couple weeks ago, I thought about incorporating more navy into my wardrobe, but after Saturday, I came to the conclusion that it’s a necessity.
Digital Prints: It’s a digital revolution after all. If you’re closet holds more monotone and neutrals, time to make room for some pretty patterns.
Brooches, Loafers & The Statement Handbag: Sporting pins on jackets, blazers and dresses looks effortlessly chic. And as much as I love a good pump, there’s no denying a comfortable flat. And in my book, you can never have enough handbags. I’m all about structure, shape and size.
Cherry Lips: The beauty expert summed it up best: finding the perfect little black dress is almost as difficult as finding the perfect red lip. Luckily for me it was a bit easier. After answering correctly to a beauty pop quiz, I won myself this gorgeous YSL Beauty Rouge Glossy Stain.