After years of spritzing countless fragrances at Ulta, Sephora and a bevy of department stores, I have finally completed my fragrance wardrobe… for now. For me, scents that catch my attention evoke a feeling or memory—something that will transport me to a particular season is even better. While it might seem like it was an easy collection to accumulate, I definitely didn’t discover these all at once. In fact, it took me an extremely long time to even find one fragrance I could wear for more than one occasion. So with that, I’m going to share my top fragrances for every occasion.
Even with summer (almost) in full swing, I would say I’m pale 95% of the season. The other 5% is when I sporadically decide to get an organic spray tan or use an at-home slow-glow lotion. Searching for cosmetics that pair well with my fair skin is no easy feat. I usually spend an absurd amount of time reading product reviews searching for those special nuggets of information like “looks great for fair and neutral undertones.” It’s like searching for a needle in a haystack. Sometimes I take the risk and buy the product, most of the time… I don’t.
With that in mind, I made my first purchase last week from ColourPop Cosmetics and now I’m hooked! I purchased a variety of makeup products (more on that in a future post) but one of the products I want to share with you is the ColourPop Highlighter Trio, specifically recommended for fair skin tones.
Needless to say, that made my validation process extremely quick and easy.
The $20 trio includes the following shades:
Scrumptious— a pearlized silvery baby pink
Glazed— a tie dye soft ivory gold
Flexitarian— a pearlized intense white champagne
Just based on packaging alone, I’m obsessed with this collection of highlighters. The texture of this ColourPop highlighter trio is unlike anything I’ve ever owned—like satin putty. As someone who has always relied on highlighter sticks, this formula made it easier to blend and build on for an intense glow. I used my fingers to apply on my cheekbone, cupid’s bow and the inner corner of my eyes. The brand recommends on the store page to use a flat synthetic foundation/cheek brush but using my fingers worked really well too.
Are you a long-time ColourPop fanatic? I’d love to get more product recommendations!